He is a Base Game Battleborn, who is available:
- after completing "the Prologue" in the Full Game version
- for 35,000 in the Marketplace in the Free Trial Version
- during free character rotation in Free Trial version
Whiskey Foxtrot is an offbeat and imperfect facsimile of a soldier. Using scavenged armor and jerry-rigged weapons, everything about Whiskey Foxtrot just seems “off,” but his homemade UPR-SL3 tactical rifle, sticky bombs, and scrap canon can help turn the tide of any battle.
Unlike his clone contemporary Oscar Mike, Whiskey Foxtrot (unit RDC-WF02-1221) originated from a batch of defective troopers and is the last surviving member of his line. Rejected by the Peacekeepers, Foxtrot joined up with the Rogues after arriving in Solus.
I know he was introduced to me as one of the early groups of “Mike” clones, but there is something really – I think “off” is the word I’m looking for here – with Whiskey Foxtrot. The only item that I’ve been able to find out about him is a number that keeps coming up in the system: RDC-WF02-1221. I suspect that he has ties to some off-shoot Peacekeeper unit, but all of Whiskey’s gear seems cobbled together, scavenged or, in some cases, reverse engineered Peacekeeper tech. - Mellka, from a message to Ghalt.
- Whiskey Foxtrot shares the same voice actor for Oscar Mike, ISIC, and MINREC.
- The Tea Ceremony taunt is a play on the common tea bagging maneuver in games like Halo.
- In the mission The Void's Edge Whiskey Foxtrot reveals he is dating none other than Deande, this more or less confirmed in his "Some Find Me Repulsive" lore excerpt.
- Occasionally, after leveling, Whiskey Foxtrot will say he has piano lessons after the mission, stating the he "Values personal improvement."
- Whiskey's gun is in a constant state of disrepair as when it comes to selecting him; he will be seen trying to fix it but to no luck as it constantly falls apart.
- Whiskey Foxtrot's love for cooking originated from a fan ir-halak's headcanon, that both Whiskey Foxtrot's Voice Actor: Jim Foronda, and Gearbox Software's writer: Sam Winkler, loved so much that they decided to implement it in canon. Even including it in Oscar Mike vs. the Battle School.
- ↑ https://battleborn.com/en/news/view/en-battleborn-whiskey-foxtrot-kelvin-shayne-and-aurox-reveal/ New Heroes Reveal - Official Website
After each enemy kill, Whiskey Foxtrot's attack damage is increased by 25% for 10 seconds. (Percentage may vary on Rank).
Hurls a grenade that sticks to surfaces and enemies. Detonates after 3 Seconds, dealing 200 damage to nearby targets.
UPR-SL3 Tactical Rifle
Whiskey Foxtrot's Tactical Rifle is accurate, deadly, and fires in three round bursts.
Fires a spread of shrapnel from the rifle's underbarrel, dealing 133 damage and wounding enemies for 4 seconds.
UPR-RDC Combat Armor
Whiskey Foxtrot's battered UPR armor still serves him well in battle - with a few modifications here and there, of course.
Loads Whiskey Foxtrot's Tactical Rifle with a clip of 75 bullets which can be fired fully automatically.
- The UPR-SL3 has a default magazine size of 30
- Aim with Right Mouse Button / Left Trigger
- Weapon Upgrade: Rifle scope OR Red dot sight
- The Cavalier taunt is a reference to Tracer from Overwatch, specifically her victory pose "Over the Shoulder", which was subject to discourse not long before the game's release and was later changed by the developers, with her catchphrase "Cheers, love! The cavalry's here!".
- One of Whiskey's quotes while performing this taunt: "What do you see? My butt? Not on my watch!"
For the Character Lore, see Character Lore.
|Sticky Situations||Stick grenades to enemy Battleborn 50 times.|
|Mike, Check||Get 150 critical hits on enemy Battleborn.|
|Going Alone||Participate in killing Oscar Mike 5 times.|
|Some Find Me Repulsive||Knockback 500 enemies with Scrap Cannon.|
|Say Mike Again||Get 100 kills with Whiskey Foxtrot’s Quick Melee attack.|
|Weighed Down||Level 1||Flak Off|
|If an enemy is stuck with a Sticky Bomb, they are slowed.||Scrap Cannon now pushes back enemies.|
|Swiss Cheese||Level 2||Scrap Bank|
|Enemies hit by Scrap Cannon are revealed and take increased damage from Whiskey Foxtrot’s Tactical Rifle for 3 seconds.||Enables Scrap Cannon to store 2 additional charges that can be fired without cooldown.|
|Red Dot Sight||Level 3||Scoped Up|
|Fits the Tactical Rifle with a Red Dot Sight, removes movement speed penalty while zoomed and increases zoomed fire rate.||Fits the Tactical Rifle with an ACOG Scope. increasing accuracy and zoom distance.|
|Triple Threat||Level 4||Stick 'N' Sap|
|Sticky Bomb launches 3 smaller grenades in rapid succession each dealing 100 damage.||When stuck to an enemy, Sticky Bomb grenades drain shields and health. +240 Damage|
|Reload Burst||Level 5||Speed Burst|
|Kills grant increased reload speed for several seconds.||Kills grant increased movement speed for several seconds.|
|Flackback||Level 6||Sticky Speed|
|Scrap Cannon propels Whiskey Foxtrot backwards when fired.||Increases Sticky Bomb launch speed.|
|Duct-Taped Mags||Level 7||When Three Just Isn't Enough|
|Fits the Tactical Rifle with taped clips causing every other reload to be 60% faster than normal.||The Tactical Rifle fires in 4-shot bursts.|
|Spread Shot||Level 8||Long-Distance Flak|
|Increases the spread and density of Scrap Cannon shots. +30% Flak.||Increases Scrap Cannon range and tightens its spread.|
|Swift Stickies||Level 9||Stronger Stickies|
|Reduces Sticky Bomb cooldown time. -4 seconds.||Increases Sticky Bomb damage. +15% damage.|
|What Shields?||Level 10||Overoverdrive|
|Overdrive bullets bypass enemy shields entirely.||Increases Overdrive magazine size to hold 100 shots.|
- Additional Helix options that can be unlocked by leveling the respective character rank.
- A third option added to a pre-defined Helix choice.
- Maximum of 1 additional helix choice for each character Helix level
- They first show up ingame after they are unlocked for the individual character.
- 5 additional helix choices per character
- Ingame selection via:
- F (PC)
- Y (Xbox Controller)
- Triangle (PS4)
|Character Rank 7||Level 1||Shield Scrapper|
|Requires character rank 7 to unlock = 470? total XP||Scrap Cannon does additional damage to shields. +50% Bonus Damage to Shields|
|Character Rank 12||Level 4||Sticky MIRV|
|Requires character rank 12 to unlock = 1455 total XP||Sticky Bomb splits into 3 grenades mid flight.|
|Character Rank 3||Level 5||Killer Regen|
|Requires character rank 3 to unlock = 105 total XP||Gain health regeneration for a short time after each kill. +220 Health Regeneration over 10 Seconds|
|Character Rank 5||Level 6||Napalm|
|Requires character rank 5 to unlock = 250 total XP||Sticky Bomb grenades burn the ground when they detonate. Up to 20 Damage Over 6 Seconds|
|Character Rank 9||Level 7||Shield Pen|
|Requires character rank 9 to unlock = 775 total XP||
Normal Tactical Rifle shots penetrate enemy shields. +25% Shield Penetration