47,000 / Season Pass
A cold-blooded killer, Pendles the Roa hails the water-world of Akopos. But don’t let his sweet pair of sneakers fool you. This assassin will sneak up behind you, eviscerate you with poisoned kamas, then slink away again in a blink of his one remaining eye.[x]
Pendakka "Pendles" Lakonna left his home world Akopos (the same planet as Alani), to experience galactic cultures. He found that he enjoyed murdering them so much that when he learned he could get paid for it, he never returned home.
Don’t fall for his youthful charm -- Pendles is literally a cold-blooded killer. Originally from the ocean world of Akopos, Pendles did as most adolescent Roa do and left home to experience galactic cultures, and enjoyed murdering those cultures so much that he never went back. Upon finding out that people would actually pay him for his hobby, he became a freelance assassin for anyone with even the smallest of grievances. Despite misgivings toward his moral code, Ghalt eventually decided that it would be more dangerous to have him off the team than on.
- Occasionally after killing a minor enemy, Pendles will exclaim "Boring conversation anyway," a reference to Han Solo's line from Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope .
- After getting a kill in PvP, Pendles will occasionally say "Well, there I go killing again!" This is a reference to another alien assassin, Krombopulos Michael from Rick & Morty .
- Pendles' Corner Sneak ability renders some portions of Story missions devastatingly easy, including opening the last door in The Void's Edge and stopping Geoff's upgrades in The Algorithm .
- Pendles is the owner and solo proprieter of a company known as Executive Executions.
Pendles’ cloak activates when out of line-of-sight of enemies. Pendles’ movement speed increases while cloaked, but decreases while uncloaked.
Pendles throws a Smoke Bomb at his feet, dealing 67 damage and an additional 80 damage over 2 seconds. In addition, it instantly cloaks him.
Dual Kamas and Throwing Stars
Pendles’ primary attack utilizes his Dual Kamas in a flurry of strikes, while his secondary attack hurls a ranged Throwing Star.
Pendles applies poison to his kamas and viciously strikes enemies for 200 damage, heavily slowing the target for 2 seconds.
Pendles’ natural evasive abilities grant him -25% CC Duration.
Pendles covers himself in an airborne poison that deals 248 damage over 10 seconds. While Miasma is active, Injection’s cooldown is reduced.
|Heightened Senses||Trained Assassin|
|Poison Cloud||Level 1||Cobra Strike|
|Increases the duration of Smoke Bomb’s poison cloud. +3 Seconds Duration.||Pendles will dash forward a short distance upon activation of Injection.|
|Flash Bomb||Level 2||Ninjineering|
|Enemies hit by Smoke Bomb are blinded for a short time. +1 Second Blind Duration||Smoke Bombs can now be thrown.|
|Mamba’s Bite||Level 3||Backstab|
|Adds a life steal effect to Pendles’ Kamas. +15% Life Steal.||Pendles’ melee attacks deal increased damage from behind. +25% Damage.|
|Life Leech||Level 4||Savage Cut|
|A portion of the health damage dealt by Injection is returned to Pendles as health. +60% Life Steal.||Enemies affected by Injection suffer additional poison damage. +90 Damage over 3 Seconds.|
|Cloak and Cover||Level 5||Escape Plan|
|Pendles takes reduced damage while cloaked. +30% Damage Reduction.||When uncloaked and taking damage, Pendles’ Smoke Bomb cooldown is reduced. Up to 100% Cooldown Time.|
|Feint||Level 6||Sweet Spot|
|Smoke Bomb propels Pendles backwards.||Increases Injection’s damage dealt from behind. +25% Damage.|
|Coiled Spring||Level 7||Deeper Pockets|
|Increases the height of Pendles’ jump.||Pendles throws additional Throwing Stars in every throw. +2 Throwing Stars.|
|Bountiful Bombs||Level 8||Acidic Blast|
|Reduces Smoke Bomb’s cooldown. -20% Cooldown Time.||Increases Smoke Bomb’s damage. +38% Damage.|
|Relentless Strikes||Level 9||Slippery|
|Pendles’ melee attacks reduce Injection’s cooldown. -0.5 Seconds Cooldown.||Pendles becomes more resistant to crowd control for a short time after using Injection. -50% CC Duration for 3 Seconds.|
|Necrosis||Level 10||Venom Synergy|
|Enemies affected by Miasma’s aura are wounded. Up to +10 Seconds Wound Duration.||While Miasma is active, Injection’s damage is increased against enemies with less than 50% health. +20% Damage.|
- Additional Helix options that can be unlocked by leveling the respective character rank.
- A third option added to a pre-defined Helix choice.
- Maximum of 1 additional helix choice for each character Helix level
- They first show up ingame after they are unlocked for the individual character.
- 5 additional helix choices per character
- Ingame selection via:
- F (PC)
- Y (Xbox Controller)
- Triangle (PS4)
|Character Rank 3||Level 3||Flurry of Blows|
|Requires character rank 3 to unlock = 105 total XP||Every successive melee hit increases Pendles’ attack speed. Up to +20% Attack Speed.|
|Character Rank 5||Level 4||Potent Venom|
|Requires character rank 5 to unlock = 250 total XP||Increases the duration of Injection’s slow effect. +1 Second Slow Duration.|
|Character Rank 7||Level 5||Snake Eyes|
|Requires character rank 7 to unlock = 470? total XP||When Corner Sneak is activated, Pendles can briefly reveal major enemies through walls.|
|Character Rank 9||Level 7||Poison Blood|
|Requires character rank 9 to unlock = 775 total XP||Pendles reflects a portion of melee damage back to attackers. +15% Damage Reflection.|
|Character Rank 12||Level 8||From the Shadows|
|Requires character rank 12 to unlock = 1455 total XP||Activating Smoke Bomb increases the damage of the next use of Injection. +15% Damage.|
For the Character Lore, see Character Lore.
|Hitman For Hire||Use Smoke Bomb 100 times while under any crowd control effect.|
|Toxic Lifestyle||Kill 20 Battleborn while Miasma is active.|
|The Pitch||Deal 500 damage after uncloaking, 100 times.|
|Kamas||Deal 50,000 damage to enemies from behind.|
|Word Of Warning||Tentacle-slap enemy Battleborn 50 times.|
- Word Of Warning - There is a glitch where te tentacle slaps count on everything, even AI enemies and treasure chests, making this obtainable in PvE (only tested in The Void's Edge).
Taunts and Skins do not changes gameplay in any form and are strictly cosmetic.
- Main article: Appearance
- Pendles' "Dancing Shoes" taunt is not only an idle animation when in the main menu, but also a dance and song reference to the rap artist, Silentó in “Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae)”.