Born in space, Mellka developed an early hunger for solid ground, and found a clear calling in special operations, even joining with the Eldrid group called The Vigilant. While serving with The Vigilant, she developed close ties with an elite Peacekeeper operative named Trevor Ghalt. While proficient at several combat styles, Mellka prefers some of the more exotic Eldrid weaponry.
Mellka has some anger issues to work out but fortunately, between her TX-12 Venom Launcher (which can rapid-fire loads of specialized nano-chemical mixes at foes) and an exotic Eldrid Bio-Glaive (a specialized near-living glove which can reshape itself based on subtle neural prompting) she’s always prepared to kick serious ass on the next away mission.
How to unlock:
- Rank Unlock: Command Rank 34
- Challenge Unlock: Complete “The Heliophage”
Born as a refugee, Mellka was raised and trained among an aggressive Eldrid commando group known as the Vigilant. Proficient at several combat styles, but prefers exotic weaponry such as her biologically-active Eldrid gauntlet, now permanently fused with her left hand.
- Role: Attacker
- The first footage shows her as a non-playable character, before revealing she is a playable Battleborn in the E3 trailer.
- Mellka's voice actor, Brina Palencia, previously voiced the Borderlands series character (Mad) Moxxi.
- Due to her large role in the story in most of the missions, plus the fact that she is the only playable character in the Prologue, Mellka could arguably be called the game's main protagonist.