Marquis is an LLC robot who once served as Phoebe’s butler before The Great Severance rendered him insane. Best from long range, Marquis uses his cane-turned-sniper rifle to hit enemies from afar, and he can also send out robotic owls named Hoodini that circle the skies and rain down on enemies like adorable missiles. Marquis’ ultimate ability is the Bindleblast, a shot that does high damage and increases in power the further the shot travels.
Marquis is available to play at the start of the game.
Marquis d'Caliber was once butler to Phoebe before an odd encounter with the LLC's AI leader, the Magna Carta, altered his personality. Now, this high-society sociopath wreaks havoc on the unwashed masses with his sniper cane Bindlebane and his explosively temperamental mechanical owl, Hoodini.
- Role: Attacker
- Marquis' owl, Hoodini is a reference to the joke, "What do you call a magic owl? Hoo-dini!"
- One of Marquis's lines "The eyes Hoodini, go for the eyes!" is a reference to Boo, a pet hamster in Bioware's Baldur's Gate series.
- Marquis speaks with a German accent, despite his name being French in origin. References to the German language include:
- "Ein, Zwei, Die" (a pun of "Eins, Zwei, Drei", which means "one, two, three" in German).
- During his heelclap taunt he sometimes shouts "Wunderbar" ("Wonderful") (note W is pronounced like a V).
- Sometimes when his robotic owls kill minion bots he refers to them as "mein Kinder" ("mein Kinder" = "my children").
- In the german version of the game, all his originally german lines are french.
- When Marquis is affected by a slow effect, he will start singing "Daisy, Daisy". This may be a reference to Hal 9000, an A.I. from the novel and film 2001: A Space Odyssey, who sings this song as he is being deactivated.
Ein, Zwei, Die
Bindlebane shots mark targets. The third shot on the same target adds 25% of attack damage as bonus damage.
Creates a Temporal Distortion field lasting for 6 seconds, slowing all enemies inside of the warp bubble.
Marquis' signature collapsible sniper rifle, fit with a custom hilt pistol for close-range engagement. Heavily augmentable.
Deploys an owl that reveals nearby enemies on the map. At close range, owls collide with enemies, dealing 133 damage. Up to 3 owls can be active at once.
Titanium dandy MK VI
Marquis' relatively fragile chassis necessitates careful, strategic engagement with enemy Battleborn.
Fires a single, powerful shot dealing 375 damage, and increases its damage the longer it is in flight. Must be charged before firing.
|Wunderbar||Rewarded at Character Rank 15|
|Capital Gains||Complete Lore Challenge "Overprotective"|
|Victoriousgloat.exe||Randomly rewarded when opening LLC Loot Packs|
|Partytrick.exe||Randomly rewarded when opening LLC Loot Packs|
|Wound Up||Marketplace purchase for 230 Platinum|
|The Gentleman Sniper||Default|
|Bindlebane Blues||Rewarded at Character Rank 4|
|Autumnal Avarice||Rewarded at Character Rank 8|
|I <3 My Owls||Rewarded at Character Rank 11|
|Green! Like Money!||Rewarded at Character Rank 14|
|Banker In Mourning||Complete Challenge "Master of Marquis"|
|Corporate Charity||Randomly rewarded when opening LLC Loot Packs|
|High-Frequency Trading||Randomly rewarded when opening LLC Loot Packs|
|The Faustian Pact||Randomly rewarded when opening LLC Loot Packs|
|Gold-plated Victory Yacht||Pre-order bonus|
|Titanium Dandy Prototype||Marketplace purchase for 420 Platinum|
|Schwimwear||Marketplace purchase for 700 Platinum|
For the Character Lore, see Character Lore.
|Searching...||Trigger bonus damage from Eins, Zwei, Die 250 times.|
|To Serve Man||Hasten allies with Temporial Distortion 100 times.|
|Hobo Eradication Protocol||Deal 6,000 damage in a single match with Bindleblast 5 times.|
|More Robot Rebellion||Deal 100,000 damage with Predatory Strike.|
|Overprotective||Complete 3 matches while on the same team as Phoebe.|
|Level||BATTLE ACUMEN||Mutators||EMINENT DOMAIN|
|1||The Great(er) Hoodini||Strigiform Swiftness||Waste makes Haste|
|Increases Predatory Strike damage. +15% Damage.||Deployed Predatory Strike owls acquire and attack nearby targets faster. -50% Activation Delay.||In addition to slowing enemies, Temporal Distortion now hastens allies. +30% Movement Speed for 4 seconds.|
|Predatory Strike owls no longer collide with the world, guaranteeing a hit on target when activated.||Predatory Strike owls automatically reveal nearby targets.||Predatory Strike owls on the battlefield are cloaked|
|3||Ocular Enhancements||Bullet Banker||Executive Barrel Porting|
|Fits Bindlebane with a variable-zoom scope. +50% Zoom Range.||Increases Bindlebane's magazine size. +2 Clip Size.||Reduces Bindlebane recoil. -60% Recoil.|
|4||Time Killer||Big Time|
|All enemies inside a Temporal Distortion bubble take damage over time. +28 Damage Per Second.||Enlarges Temporal Distortion's area of effect. +25% Bubble Size.|
|5||Efficiency Expert||Executive Access||Ein, Zwei, Cry|
|Ein, Zwei, Die bonus damage is triggered on the second consecutive hit of a marked target, rather than the third.||Ein, Zwei, Die's bonus damage penetrates shields. +100% Shield Penetration.||Increases Ein, Zwei, Die's bonus damage. +25% Bonus Damage.|
|6||Long-haul Hoodini||Parliamentary, My Dear!||Distant Time|
|Increases Predatory Strike casting range. +30% Cast Distance.||Increases the maximum number of Predatory Strike owls that can be active on the battlefield at once. +2 Active Owls.||Increases Temporal Distortion casting range. +30% Cast Distance.|
|7||Autoloader||Bang for the Buck|
|Increases Bindlebane’s reload and attack speed. +25% Reload and Attack Speed.||Increases Bindlebane’s base damage. +18% Damage.|
|8||Windfall||Hoot of the Vigilant|
|Upon detonation, Predatory Strike owls leave behind areas of effect that deal damage over time. +30 Damage Per Second.||Predatory Strike owls behave like sentries, and can fire on nearby enemies twice before detonation.|
|9||Time to Spare||Cease and Desist|
|Increases the duration of Temporal Distortion's warp bubble. +2s Duration.||Intensifies the slowing effect of Temporal Distortion, further reducing enemy movement speed. +30% Slow.|
|Bindleblast can fire twice after charging.||Bindleblast shots can now pierce world terrain to strike targets. Enemy Battleborn are highlighted in the scope.|
- Additional Helix options that can be unlocked by leveling the respective character rank.
- A third option added to a pre-defined Helix choice.
- Maximum of 1 additional helix choice for each character Helix level
- They first show up ingame after they are unlocked for the individual character.
- 5 additional helix choices per character
- Ingame selection via:
- F (PC)
- Y (Xbox Controller)
- Triangle (PS4)
|Character Rank 9||Level 1||Strigiform Swiftness|
|Requires character rank 9 to unlock = 775 total XP.||Deployed Predatory Strike owls acquire and attack nearby targets faster. -50% Activation Delay.|
|Character Rank 12||Level 2||Eyes Everywhere|
|Requires character rank 12 to unlock = 1455 total XP.||Predatory Strike owls automatically reveal nearby targets.|
|Character Rank 5||Level 3||Bullet Banker|
|Requires character rank 5 to unlock = 250 total XP.||Increases Bindlebane's magazine size. +2 Clip Size.|
|Character Rank 7||Level 5||Executive Access|
|Requires character rank 7 to unlock = 470 total XP.||Ein, Zwei, Die's bonus damage penetrates shields. +100% Shield Penetration.|
|Character Rank 3||Level 6||Parliamentary, My Dear!|
|Requires character rank 3 to unlock = 105 total XP.||Increases the maximum number of Predatory Strike owls that can be active on the battlefield at once. +2 Active Owls.|
This strategy guide was created to help players determine the best Gear and Helix choices for this Hero based on Game Mode type and Role. Contributors are encouraged to share their knowledge so that others may benefit from it.
Skills, Augments, and Balance changes:
- Reduced the bonus damage of Eins, Zwei, Die from 50% to 25%
- Fixed an issue that allowed Marquis to damage a Sentry's health using its shield hit box
- Marquis' level 4 Left Helix Augment, Time Killer now consistently damages enemies within Temporal Distortion regardless of terrain
Challenges and Statistics:
- Reduced the number of games required for Marquis' “Hobo Eradication Protocol” challenge from 10 to 5
- Reduced the number of games required for Marquis' “Overprotective” challenge from 5 to 3
Visual and Audio Effects:
- Fixed a visual issue with Predatory Strike owls when they are affected by certain third person FX
- Bindlebane attacks no longer trigger critical hit sound effects on Immune targets
- Fixed an issue with Marquis's level 2 Mutation, Eyes Everywhere.
- Fixed an issue where Marquis's ultimate Bindleblast damage was not tracked properly after taking level 10 Right Helix Augment, exe.
- Reduced Bindlebane sniper base damage by 15%.
- Reduced base health by 12%.