ISIC is a Magnus - an artificial intelligence of staggering complexity, charged with tasks well beyond the capacity of an organic mind to the point he was driven mad. He is the craziest, deadliest, most nihilistic Magnus the Last Light Consortium ever produced. Now he’s returned to Solus, and he has a bone to pick with the cosmos – and the Battleborn who protect it.
Before his mind fell to pieces, ISIC was the lead manufacturing Magnus at Minion Robotics, where he drove record profits and revolutionized production pipelines. After his mind fell to pieces, he joined a pro-wrestling circuit, tore a dude’s arms off, and decided minutes later that the physical universe is nothing more than a simulation and must be destroyed.
In the Battleborn mission “The Algorithm”, ISIC has seized control of Fort Ocoban – an old UPR mining colony on the ice moon of Bliss – where he plans to strike the killing blow against the cosmos, and free all sentient life from the cruel mockery they call existence. To do this, he’ll need Ocoban’s considerable energy reserves to process the Algorithm: a program that ISIC believes can crash the universe itself.
If the Battleborn can stop him, they might just be able to debug ISIC’s considerably buggy code and gain an ally in their fight against the Varelsi.
How to unlock:
- Rank Unlock: Command Rank 30
- Challenge Unlock: Complete “The Algorithm”
Once the lead manufacturing Magnus of Minion Robotics, ISIC abandoned his post to crash reality itself through the application of unthinkably complex code. Though debugged by Kleese, this Magnus is still regarded as among the most nihilistic and terrifying of the Battleborn.
- Role: Defender
- Jim Foronda, the voice actor of ISIC, also portrays the voice of Oscar Mike.
- ISIC is Gearbox writer's Aaron Linde's favorite character in the game.
- ISIC seems to have an unhealthy obsession with kneecaps - often mentioning he would like to break them.
- During his story mission; he will often remark he would like to kill Kleese.
- Although he is implicated as 'insane' in-game, ISIC is arguably the closest character to the fourth-wall and the reality of Battleborn itself. He indicates in one of his lore pieces that the universe is merely a simulation run by 'horrible, unethical monsters' possibly understanding that he's in a video game, and in The Algorithm he directly references the player (although, in the vast majority of cases, is wrong about their name.)
- ↑ https://battleborn.com/en/battleborn/isic/ Official Battleborn website.
- ↑ 2016-03-28, Science, Humor, and the Gearbox-y-ness of Battleborn. GameSpot, accessed on 2016-03-29