- "Face-Off. Defeat Varelsi and claim their masks.
- "Place those masks in the central repository to earn points for your team...
- The first team to reach 500 points achieves victory."
- – Nova
Face-Off is one of the 5 available game modes found within the versus queue. Within this mode, the main goal is to collect Varelsi masks and deposit them within a repository located at the center of the map while preventing the enemy team from doing the same. The stronger the Varelsi, the more valuable the mask.
Basic Survival Tips Edit
- Build MX.Headhunter assassins
- They strike down enemy players and distract them from turning in their masks
- Watch your masks and your health as well as your enemies' masks and health
- Target low-health enemies to kill them and steal their masks
- Be careful: the more masks one carries, the more likely they are to be targeted
- When low on health, teleport back to base near an ally
- Players drop their masks when teleporting, making it easy for them to be swiped by the enemy team
- Face-Off was implemented into the game after its release.
- It was released alongside Attikus and the Thrall Rebellion
- Face-Off is the only game mode that shares maps with another mode: Capture.
- It's also the only game mode to remain unavailable within the Bots Battle queue