Please note: the beta period has ended.
Welcome to the Battleborn Beta!
What is Battleborn?
Battleborn is a hero-shooter set in the distant future. It fuses team-based first-person shooting with a deep roster of playable heroes. No two heroes play the same, and each has unique weapons, powers, and personalities that can be fully experienced in cooperative campaign mission, or over the course of a single competitive multiplayer match.
Players begin with just a few available heroes but through fun and intense gameplay and mission completion, players can unlock a total of 25 heroes (more are coming after official launch). Play solo or with friends in the action-packed Story Mode or queue up for 5v5 in Competitive Multiplayer matches. Unlock skins, taunts, Helix mutations and more in a natural progression system and earn credits to purchase Gear for loadouts. Communicate with teammates using the in-game Voice Chat. Players on PS4 and XBox One can also choose to play on a split-screen.
Beta dates and times:
- April 8 to April 18!
- April 8th at 10am PST (5pm UTC) – PS4
- April 13th at 10am PST (5pm UTC) – PS4, PC, and Xbox One
- Open Beta ends April 18th at 7am PST (2pm UTC)
Asia Beta dates and times:
- April 9 to April 18
- PS4: April 9th at 1AM GMT +8
- PS4, PC, and Xbox One: April 14th at 1AM GMT +8
- PS4, PC, and Xbox One: Open Beta ends April 18th at 10PM GMT +8
- PLATFORMS: PS4, PC, and Xbox One
Top Tips for the Battleborn Beta Edit
- Shards are a must-have! This is currency to spend on 'Buildables' and gear. Watch for large shards and containers containing shards that must be blown up before the shards can be collected. While taking gear into battle is important, players will not be able to activate it until the necessary amount of shards has been collected. The amount needed will vary. When players have enough, the gear will be available to purchase on the right side of the screen.
- Buildables can be strategically important. Around the map players will encounter platforms with price numbers circling them. Pressing R while standing next to them will allow players to access and purchase a 'buildable' provided they have enough currency. The numbers will be yellow rather than red if this is the case. Players are often given multiple choices. If a boss fight is coming up in Story Mode, players may want to set up the area with a few buildables to assist in the fight, more so in Solo. In team fights (PVP) a buildable platform that is currently being used by a team, is unavailable to the opposite team until the item on it has been destroyed. Something to keep in mind, especially in specific maps such as Meltdown.
- Players who choose to heal in team matches may need to find more ways to gain experience. It makes sense that healer would be concentrating more on their allies than enemies but experience is not as readily gained that way. Tagging minions shortly before they die, and building Buildables will help make up the difference.
- Crates and containers. These are everywhere in Story Mode and yet newer players run right past them. They may take different shapes in different fights but the items they contain such as speed boosts, temporary shields and health regens are really handy, especially in a boss fight. Players can even collect bonus credits out of them for their team. Use time between waves to locate containers that might have been missed in the general area or at least take a quick peek around before moving on to the next section.
- Know the Helix for your character. Every second it takes to make a descision when purchasing an augment, is a second an enemy might use to attack without retailiation. The safest place to do it is at the base and players can teleport using "B". Taking damage will stop the teleport. Never hurts to read up on your character's Helix ahead of time and plan out which ones to take when they become available.
- Characteristics: Agile, Pusher, Advanced
- Species: Unknown bird type
- Weapon: UPR-SM23 Rocket Launcher - Benedict's trademark Rocket Launcher deaals heavy damage in a wide explosive radius.
- Talent: Aviant Exosuit - Benedict's battle armor is heavily augmentable to support combat mobility and damage output.
- Hawkeye: Fires a rocket that deals 187 damage and targets your enemy for 3 seconds. Subsequent rockets home in on targeted enemies.
- Liftoff: Launch Benedict skyward for a strategic advantage or a hasty withdrawal from combat.
- Boomsday: Ultimate - Launches a player-guided missile that deals 750 damage. Reactivating the skill in-flight triggers early detonation.
- Flyboy: Passive - Jump again in the air to double-jump. Hold the jump button to glide for a limited time.
- Rank Unlock: Command Rank 10
- Challenge Unlock: Win 5 matches as a Peacekeeper character.
- Characteristics: Agile, Skirmisher, Advanced
- Species: Unknown
- Weapon: TMP and Energy Blade - Cadlarius' rapid-fire TMP and wrist-mounted Energy Blade are devastating weapons at closer ranges.
- Talent: J-HTX Assault Frame - Caldarius' formidable battle armor can be augmented for high mobility or maximized damage output.
- Gravitic Burst: Launches Caldarius forward, dealing 142-214 damage on impact.
- Flashbang: Fires a grenade that deals 70-94 damage and blinds enemies for 2s.
- Aerial Assault: Ultimate - Launches Caldarius into the air after 1s. Activate the skill again to land at a targeted location, dealing 200-425 damage.
- Gravitic Manipulators: Passive - Caldarius can activate his thrusters to jump a second time mid-air, in any direction.
- Rank Unlock: Command Rank 28
- Challenge Unlock: Complete “The Renegade”
- Characteristics: Stealth, Assassin, Advanced
- Species: Immortal
- Weapon: Tessurium War Fans - Deande’s primary melee combo strings a series of rapid melee strikes, while her secondary attack hurls her fans at foes for ranged damage.
- Talent: Diplomat's Battle Garb - Deande’s Jennerit elite uniform, tailor-made to maximize agility, mobility, and lethality.
- Holotwin: Cloaks Deande and deploys a decoy (20% health, 25% damage) to fight in her stead for 8 seconds. Upon death or expiry, the decoy explodes for 200 damage.
- Burst Dash: Deande charges forward, dealing 200 damage and pushing back enemies. Hit enemies are weakened, lowering their attack damage by 30%.
- Blink Storm: Ultimate - Upon activation, Deande unleashes a flurry of 10 strikes directly ahead of her, stunning up to 5 enemies and dealing 50 damage per hit.
- The Element of Surprise: Passive - For 3 seconds after uncloaking, all of Deande’s skills and attacks deal 25% additional damage
- Rank Unlock: Command Rank 38
- Challenge Unlock: Complete “The Heliophage” on Advanced.
- Characteristics: Agile, Skirmisher, Easy
- Species: Human
- Weapon: M-RBX Cybernetic Arms - El Dragón’s primary melee combo is a flurry of blows, while his secondary is a powerful Clap. Activating his off-hand melee while sprinting executes a Dropkick.
- Talent: CWF Championship Belt - The symbol of El Dragón’s faded glory in the ring provided a synergistic effect with the champ’s abilities, increasing his effectiveness in battle.
- Clothesline: El Dragón charges forward with his arms outstretched, dealing damage to enemies. En Fuego: A powerful leap dealing massive damage.
- Dragon Splash: El Dragón leaps into the air and drops back down dealing damage to nearby enemies.
- En Fuego: Ultimate - El Dragón explodes, dealing damage to nearby enemies. For a period of time El Dragon’s attacks and skills take on additional properties.
- Undisputed Champ: Passive - Each enemy killed grants a stack that boosts El Dragón’s melee damage. A percentage of stacks are lost on death.
- Rank Unlock: Command Rank 20
- Challenge Unlock: Win 5 matches as an LLC character.
- Characteristics: Controller, Disruptor, Complex
- Species: Human
- Weapon: UPR M8-R Revolver Shotgun - Ghalt’s customized shotgun deals incredible damage at short range, but is weaker at greater distances.
- Weapon: UPR-EC Technician’s Rig - Ghalt’s UPR engineering rig provides a decent amount of defense while also permitting heavy augmentation of Ghalt’s armament.
- The Hook: Ghalt fires out an energy hook that pulls enemies to him.
- Scraptrap: Deploys a trap to a target location which stuns enemies for 2 seconds, and then explodes dealing 133 damage. A maximum of 2 traps can be deployed simultaneously.
- Duel Wield: Ultimate - Ghalt equips a second shotgun, doubling his damage output for 10 seconds.
- Tactical Shells: Passive - The last 4 shots in Ghalt’s Revolver Shotgun cylinder deal 25% additional damage.
- Rank Unlock: Command Rank 40
- Challenge Unlock: Earn a Silver rating on all Story missions on Advanced difficulty
- Characteristics: Territorial, Sniper, Advanced
- Species: Robot
- Weapon: Bindlebane - Marquis' signature collapsible sniper rifle, fit with a custom hilt pistol for close-range engagement. Heavily augmentable.
- Talent: Titanium Dandy MK VI: Marquis' relatively fragile chassis necessitates careful, strategic engagement with enemy Battleborn.
- Temporal Distortion: Alter the flow of time in a targeted area for 6 seconds, slowing all enemies who are inside of the time warp.
- Predatory Strike: Deploys Hoodini to a target location. Hoodini reveals nearby enemies on the map and collides with them, dealing 208-280 damage. Up to 3 owls can be active at once.
- Bindleblast: Ultimate - A powerful single shot that deals 525-750 damage, and increases its damage the longer it is in flight. Must be charged before firing
- Ein, Zwei, Die: Passive - Rifle shots mark targets. The third shot on the same target adds 50% of your attack damage as bonus damage.
- Characteristics: Agile, Assassin, Easy
- Species: Elf
- Weapon: Custom Machine Pistol - Mellka's Machine Pistol deals rapid fire damage at medium range.
- Talent: Eldrid Operative - Mellka can unleash a secondary attack on nearby enemies with her powerful melee combo, dealing damage to enemies covered in venom.
- Claw Lunge: Lunges forward a short distance for a powerful claw strike dealing 187 damage. Can lock onto nearby targets.
- Spike: Charges a burst of energy that deals 280 damage to nearby enemies, and launches Mellka into the air.
- Blade Launcher: Ultimate - Unleashes a barrage of laced blades that envenomates targets and dealing 233 damage with each hit.
- Venom Canister: Passive - Enemies afflicted with Venom suffer increased damage from Mellka's melee attacks and Claw Lunge.
- Rank Unlock: Command Rank 34
- Challenge Unlock: Complete “The Heliophage”
- Characteristics: Agile, Skirmisher, Easy
- Species: Unknown
- Weapon: Chaos Bolts - Orendi's primary attack is a rapid fire volley of chaos bolts. Her slower secondary attack fires four bolts simultaneously.
- Talent: Chaos Magic - Orendi's abilities can be augmented to increase damage, add status effects, or drastically reduce cooldown timers.
- Nullify: Orendi unleashes a burst of energy, dealing 75-147 damage and propelling her backwards from the blast.
- Shadowfilre Pillar: After 1.5 seconds, Orendi summons a mighty pillar of shadow and flame at a target location, dealing 208-280 damage.
- Paradigm Shift: Ultimate - Orendi conjures an intense blast of energy directly in front of her, dealing 525-750 damage to enemies caught in the blast.
- Gnosis: Passive - Activating Nullify lowers the cooldown of Shadowfire Pillar by 8 seconds.
- Characteristics: Versatile, Pusher, Easy
- Species: Human
- Weapon: UPR-AR7 Assault Rifle - The core of Oscar Mike's combat effectiveness is his Assault Rifle and its many available upgrades.
- Talent: UPR-RDC Combat Armor - Oscar Mike's standard issue combat armor can be enhanced to increase survivability.
- Stealth Generator: Activate a cloaking device obscuring Oscar Mike from view and radar detection for 9 seconds. Attacking or using a skill cancels the effect.
- Frag Grenade: Launch a grenade that explodes 3 seconds after launch or 1 second after impact, dealing up to 208-280 Damage to each enemy within its blast radius.
- Airstrike: Ultimate - Target an area to strike with 28 laser-guided missiles, each of which explodes dealing 141-282 damage to enemies.
- Tactical Rounds: Passive - Oscar Mike's Assault Rifle is loaded with tactical rounds. The first 15 rounds in each magazine deal additional damage.
- Characteristics: Brawler, Assassin, Advanced
- Species: Human
- Weapon: Five Virtues - Phoebe's primary attack chains multiple melee-range sabre strikes, while her secondary attack launches her in a direction, dodging incoming attacks.
- Talent: Technocracy - Phoebe's high-tech formal wear and telekinetic sabres can be augmented to substantially increase her survivability and lethality.
- Phasegate: After a brief charging period, Phoebe teleports to a target location.
- Blade Rush: Phoebe launches a barrage of four charged rapiers, each dealing 52-70 damage.
- Blade Cascade: Ultimate - Conjures a storm of falling rapiers dealing 505-730 damage over time to a large area.
- True Strike: Passive - Phoebe swipes at enemies and activates her high-tech formal wear to propel herself in any direction.
- Rank Unlock: Command Rank 22
- Challenge Unlock: Kill 50 enemy players.
- Characteristics: Agile, Assassin, Easy
- Species: Human
- Weapon: Axiom and Praxis - Rath's primary melee attack can be chained multiple times for a quick combo. Rath's secondary melee attack conjures a powerful lightning bolt.
- Talent: Bladekeeper's Vestment - Rath's ceremonial Jennerit armor is sturdy enough to absorb plenty of damage, but light enough to preserve his speed and mobility.
- Crossblade: Rath throws energy blades forward a limited distance, dealing 208-280 damage.
- Catalytic Smash: Rath unleashes a shockwave dealing 139-187 damage directly ahead.
- Dreadwind: Ultimate - Rath spins into a whirlwind attack for 4 seconds, causing 41-68 damage per hit to enemies around him.
- Genetic Syphon: Passive - When Rath damages an enemy's health he steals health worth 10% of the damage from melee attacks and 10% of the damage from skill attacks.
- Characteristics: Stealth, Initiator, Complex
- Species: Human & Omnidimensional Horror
- Weapon: Aurox - Shayne’s companion djinn serves as Shayne’s shield and bodyguard, helping to melee enemies at close range.
- Talent: Shayne's Boomerang - Shayne’s secondary attack hurls her trusty Boomerang that damages enemies on impact.
- Stealth Strike: Cloaks Shayne. When the cloak expires or is cancelled, Aurox crashes down, dealing damage to the area surrounding Shayne.
- Fetch: Aurox charges forward and pulls the first enemy he encounters back to Shayne, dealing damage.
- Tag Team: Ultimate - Summons Aurox at target location, dealing damage over several seconds. After ending, nearby enemies are knocked into the air.
- Fleet Footed: Passive - When Aurox is disabled, Shayne moves faster.
- Rank Unlock: Command Rank 6
- Challenge Unlock: Complete 5 co-op missions or matches with at least one player.
- Characteristics: Agile, Sniper, Advanced
- Species: Aelfrin
- Weapon: Kreshek - Thorn's devastating Ekkuni longbow can be augmented to increase damage, range, and accuracy. Ready and hold an arrow to charge it.
- Talent: Eldrid Vitality - Thorn carries no shield, relying instead on rapid health regeneration to survive in combat.
- Volley: Fires a horizontal swath of 5 arrows, each dealing 42-56 damage. Volley arrows ricochet off of world terrain.
- Blight: Summons a field of corruption for 6 seconds. Enemies caught within this field take 32-42 damage every 0.5 seconds.
- Wrath of the Wild: Ultimate - After a brief charging period, hurls a massive energy bomb that explodes for up to 525-750 damage and knocks enemies backward.
- Nature's Curse: Passive - Enemies hit with a charged arrow are cursed for 8 seconds. Skills and charged arrows deal 35% additional damage to cursed targets.
- Characteristics: Versatile, Assassin, Easy
- Species: Robot (unit RDC-WF02-1221)
- Weapon: UPR-SL3 Tactical Rifle - Whiskey Foxtrot’s Tactical Rifle is accurate, deadly, and fires in three-round bursts.
- Talent: UPR-RDC Combat Armor - Whiskey Foxtrot’s battered UPR armor still serves him well in battle – with a few modifications here and there, of course.
- Sticky Bomb: Hurls a grenade that sticks to surfaces and enemies. Detonates after several seconds, dealing damage to nearby targets.
- Scrap Cannon: Fires a spread of shrapnel from the rifle’s underbarrel, dealing damage.
- Overdrive: Ultimate - Loads Whiskey Foxtrot’s Tactical Rifle with a clip of bullets which can be fired fully automatically.
- Combat Rhythm: Passive - After each enemy kill, Whiskey Foxtrot’s attack damage is increased.
- Rank Unlock: Command Rank 16
- Challenge Unlock: Win 15 matches.
- Characteristics: Disrupter, Brawler, Easy
- Species: Lowborn Thrall
- Weapon: Barefisted Brawling - Attikus’ primary attack is a relentless bare-handed assault using both fists. Fully Charged: Attacks gain 25% shield penetration.
- Talent: Charged Hook - Attikus’ second attack is a devastating right hook that can be charged-up for additional damage.
- Pounce: Leap to a target location, dealing 67 damage and knocking back enemies where Attikus lands. Fully Charged: Deals 100 damage to shields.
- Hedronic Arc: Electrifies Attikus for 8 seconds. Enemies meleed during this time are shocked, taking 8 damage over 4 seconds. Fully Charged: Shock also damages nearby enemies.
- Hedronic Eruption: Ultimate - Attikus hurls 10 shockwaves of energy over 5 seconds that each deal 84damage. Fully Charged: Enemies are also knocked into the air.
- Hedronic Collector: Passive - Attikus gains 1 charge per kill (5 for major enemies) up to a maximum of 5. While Fully Charged the next skill use consumes all charges for an added effect.
- Rank Unlock: Command Rank 32
- Challenge Unlock: Kill 800 Jennerit enemies.
- Characteristics: Tank, Brawler, Complex
- Species: Ekkuni Dwarf
- Weapon: Runic Axe - Boldur deals slow, powerful melee strikes with his Runic Axe. When he throws the axe, Boldur falls back on hand-to-hand combat to take enemies down.
- Talent: Ekkuni Greatshield - Though he lacks an energy shield, Boldur is an elite defender, utilizing his Eldrid greatshield to block incoming damage, and rapid health regeneration to stay in the fight.
- Boldurdash: Boldur leaps forward, dealing 141-213 damage and knocking back enemies. Rune Power: Dash causes an explosion on contact, dealing up to 534 damage.
- Axe Toss: Throws Boldur's axe through multiple enemies, dealing 208-280 damage to each enemy. Rune Power: Axe explodes on impact, dealing up to 520-700 damage to nearby enemies.
- Runes of Power: Ultimate - Increases Axe damage when meleeing or health regeneration when blocking damage while Shielding. Using Axe Toss or Boldurdash, consumes the magic.
- Rage: Passive - Killing enemies causes Boldur to melee faster for a short time.
- Rank Unlock: Command Rank 26
- Challenge Unlock: Complete “The Experiment”
- Characteristics: Territorial, Brawler, Complex
- Species: Unknown
- Weapon: Wraith’s Greatsword - Galilea’s primary attack strings a series of attacks with her Greatsword and Greatshield into a swift combo.
- Talent: Sentinel’s Greatshield - Galilea’s secondary attack raises her Greatshield, absorbing up to 1000 damage at the cost of agility.
- Shield Throw: Galilea throws her Greatshield, dealing 200 damage and stunning the target for 2 seconds.
- Desecrate: Galilea curses the ground beneath her feet, amplifying damage to enemies within the area for 8 seconds.
- Abyssal Form: Ultimate - Galilea explodes into dark energy, dealing 125 damage over 4 seconds. During this time, Galilea takes reduced damage and regenerates 250 health.
- Corruption: Passive - Attacking and using skills accelerates Galilea’s Corruption, which deals up to20damage per second and steals health from nearby enemies.
- Rank Unlock: Command Rank 12
- Challenge Unlock: Kill 800 minions of any type.
- Characteristics: Tank, Disruptor, Complex
- Species: Magnus Robot
- Weapon: Charge Cannon - ISIC's Charge Cannon can be fired instantly for low damage, or charged for greater damage to multiple targets. Charging reduces ISIC's movement speed.
- Talent: Energy Aegis - ISIC's secondary attack deploys his Energy Aegis to block up to 500 incoming damage.
- Rotating Wards: Raise 5 protective wards that orbit ISIC for 8 seconds, each blocking up to 315 damage from enemy fire. Overcharged: Each ward blocks up to 365 damage.
- Plasma Dash: ISIC charges to a target location while engulfed in plasma, dealing 280 damage to enemies along the way. Overcharged: Deal 325 damage to hit enemies.
- Omega Strike: Ultimate - Toggle turret mode, replacing basic attacks with weapons that deal 24 and 140 damage per shot. Overcharged: Gain 787 overshield on activation.
- Overcharge: Passive - Activating a skill while ISIC's Charge Cannon is fully charged empowers that skill with additional Overcharged effects, and consumers the charge.
- Rank Unlock: Command Rank 30
- Challenge Unlock: Complete “The Algorithm”
- Characteristics: Controller, Brawler, Advanced
- Species: Ice Golum
- Weapon: Ice Fists - Kelvin’s primary attack deals damage with a series of melee strikes, while his secondary attack pounds the ground, dealing area-of-effect damage.
- Talent: Ice Form - Kelvin’s dense crystalline ice shape is exceptionally durable, allowing him to soak up damage for his team.
- Sublimate: Kelvin becomes a cloud of frigid air for a brief time, greatly increasing movement speed. Touching enemies deals damage and stuns them.
- Chomp: Bite an enemy, dealing a large amount of damage. If the target is killed, Kelvin gains permanent health. Instantly kills minor enemies.
- Ice Wall: Ultimate - After a short delay, Kelvin creates a temporary impassible Ice Wall that will stun nearby enemies on spawn and block movement.
- Permafrost: Passive - Kelvin gains temporary shield strength after he completes a skill.
- Rank Unlock: Command Rank 18
- Challenge Unlock: Win 5 matches as an Eldrid character
- Characteristics: Controller, Initiator, Advanced
- Species: Human
- Weapon: Montana's Minigun - A truly fearsome weapon, the Minigun accumulates heat as it fires, increasing bonus damage dealt. Augments can increase or modify this effect.
- Talent: Hearty Constitution - Passive - Montana's remarkable size allows him to soak up a substantial amount of damage.
- Lumberjack Dash:
- Montana dashes and collides with an enemy, dealing 208-280 damage and knocking them back. If the hit enemy hits an object or ally, they are stunned for 1 second.
- Hailstorm: Loads a specialized ammunition that slows enemies hit and uses less heat per shot. Also adds armor that reduces damage taken.
- Mansformation: Ultimate - Stomp the ground, dealing 525-750 damage and knocking up nearby enemies. Montana takes reduced damage for 8 seconds after.
- Heatwave: Passive - The hotter Montana's minigun is, the more bonus damage it deals.
- Characteristics: Adorable, Territorial, Advanced
- Species: Penguin
- Weapon: UPR H8-MS Custom Railgun - Toby's powerful Railgun can be charged, dealing increased damage at higher charge levels.
- Talent: Me 'N My Mech - Clad in his battle mech "Berg", the adorable-yet-fearsome Toby's considerable engineering talent provides for on-the-fly modification to respond to a variety of battlefield conditions
- Arch Mine: Launches an Arc Mine, which arms after a brief delay, dealing 60 area damage per second for 8 seconds. Afterwards, Arc Mine will explode for 90 damage.
- Force Field: Deploys an energy field that blocks 750 enemy damage. Firing a Railgun shot through the field increases projectile velocity.
- Core Discharge: Ultimate - Transform your mech to charge up a powerful laser that deals 120 damage a second for 6 seconds.
- Boosters: Passive - Double-jumping while holding a direction grants Toby a quick boost in that direction. Boosters hold a total of 3 charges that recharge after 8 seconds.
- Rank Unlock: Command Rank 24
- Challenge Unlock: Win 5 matches as a Rogue character.
- Characteristics: Versitile, Healer, Complex
- Species: Human
- Weapon: Staff of Radiance - Ambra's Staff of Radiance drains health from a targeted enemy, returning 30% of the damage dealt to herself.
- Talent: Scorching Strikes - Ambra unleashes a series of melee strikes, spending Heat generated by her staff to do up to 38 extra damage per hit.
- Sunspot: Summon a Sunspot that does 56 damage a second to nearby enemies at the cost of its own health, exploding if touched. 750 health. Up to 2 active at once.
- Solar Wind: Channel a fiery wind that damage enemies in front of you. Solar Wind lasts up to 3 seconds, doing 84 damage per second.
- Extinction Event: Ultimate - Calls down a meteor at a targeted location, dealing 450 damage and leaving a scorching area of effect, dealing 300 damage over 5 seconds.
- Flame Sheild: Passive - When Ambra's health falls below 20%, she is protected by a Flame Shield for 4 seconds that provides 450 Overshield. 30 second Cooldown.
- Rank Unlock: Command Rank 14
- Challenge Unlock: Win 5 matches as a Jennerit character
- Characteristics: Territorial, Shielder, Complex
- Species: Human
- Weapon: Wrist Cannon and Shock Taser - Kleese fires energy blasts from his Wrist Cannon. He also fires a powerful Shock Taser from his chair, dealing bonus damage to Shields.
- Talent: Battlefield Tactician - Kleese controls the battlefield through a variety of electrical based Shield attacks, stripping away his enemies’ Shields and Buffing his teammates’ Shields.
- Energy Rift: Kleese opens up an Energy Rift that restores friendly Shields and deals damage to enemies.
- Energy Mortar: Kleese shoots a barrage of Mortars at an area. Mortars damage enemies and deal bonus damage to Shields.
- Black Hole: Ultimate - Kleese summons a Black Hole that pulls in enemies towards it dealing damage.
- Tatical Battle Chair: Passive - Kleese rolls into battle in the most deluxe of all battle furniture. It increases Kleese’s maximum Shield capacity per level and can be used to extend jumps.
- Rank Unlock: Command Rank 36
- Challenge Unlock: Earn a Silver rating on all Story missions.
- Characteristics: Combat, Healer, Easy
- Species: Fungus
- Weapon: Combat Botany - Miko's primary attack hurls a barrage of poison-tipped Kunai, while its secondary activates a Healing Beam that restores health to target allies.
- Talent: A. Mikollopria - Miko has evolved to adapt and survive through natural toughness, rapid health regeneration and the ability to cover ground quickly.
- Cloud of Spores: Throw a spore sack that explodes on contact, dealing 139-187 damage and leaving behind a cloud of spores that slows all enemies that enter it for the next 4 seconds.
- Biosynthesis: Miko gains 260-350 health over 5 seconds. During that time, Miko's healing beam grants 35% more health.
- Fungus Among Us: Ultimate - Hurl a mushroom to create an area of effect lasting 45 seconds. Allies gain 83-150 health per second while in range. Can be destroyed by enemies.
- Molecular Mycology: Passive - Miko's kunai poisons enemies on impact, dealing 50-68 damage over 2 seconds.
- Characteristics: Rescuer, Shielder, Advanced
- Species: Human
- Weapon: Laser Pistol - Reyna's primary attack utilizes her lethal laser pistol to deal damage to her enemies.
- Talent: Plasma Pulse - Reyna's secondary attack launches shield-melting plasma pulses from her command gauntlet, dealing 50% bonus damage to shields.
- Shield Booster: Applies an overshield to target ally that blocks up to 315 damage over the next 8 seconds. During the time, Reyna's Plasma Pulse can charge the target's shield.
- Priority Target: Fire a homing blast that deals 81 damage (+50% bonus to shields) and reveals the target's position. The target takes 116% incoming damage for 6 seconds.
- Photonic Ward: Ultimate - Deploy a large energy dome that immediately knocks enemies out of the area, and continues to block enemy fire from entering or exiting for 6 seconds.
- Failsafe: Passive - When Reyna places a Shield Booster overshield on an ally, she receives one as well.
- Rank Unlock: Command Rank 8
- Challenge Unlock: Get 50 assists in Versus matches.
Go in solo or co-op with up to 5 players in two full Story Mode episodes: The Algorithm and Void’s Edge. In Co-Op Mode three episodes are displayed for players to vote on regardless of whether or not they’ve unlocked that map in solo.
- The Algorithm: Take on The Algorithm mission to debug and unlock the rogue Magnus AI, ISIC. If you played in the Closed Technical Test last year, you’ll notice Geoff, the Spider King, has made a few changes to his lair.
- Void’s Edge: Bring a jacket, ‘cause the ice-planet, Bliss, is mighty cold. A Varelsi portal has opened and it’s up to you to fight your way through the invasion and deliver the payload.
- Take out the enemy’s two Spider Sentry Drones before they get to yours.
- A classic capture-and-control showdown between two teams of heroes.
- Each team marches waves of minions to their death, and scores points for every minion who throws themselves into the incinerator. The team with the most scrap metal, wins.
- During a single Competitive match or Story episode, each level you gain activates a new Helix augmentation opportunity - all the way to level 10. Each level has two augmentation choices and a character’s Helix resets at the beginning of a new match or episode, meaning you can tailor your character’s abilities to the situation at hand.
- Character Rank
- Each character ranks up the more you play them, up to rank 15. The Character Rank levels persist across all Modes, and unlike Helix augmentations, this experience does not reset at the end of a match or mission. Increasing Character Rank unlocks Mutations, which are extra Augments that become available on the Helix Menu. The higher the Character’s Rank, the more Helix augmentations, taunts, titles, and skins you can unlock for that character.
- Command Rank
- Command Rank persists across all Modes and all characters played. Every Competitive match (excluding bots) and Story episode grants XP towards your player Command Rank. Rising through the ranks in Open Beta will unlock characters, new Gear options, titles, and more up to Command Rank 100.