Alani is a member of the Eldrid faction who was raised as a healer, but forced to be a warrior, and is all that remains of her order after Rendain’s Jennerit Imperium stole the oceans from her world. As a warrior from a planet with vast seas, Alani’s attacks and abilities revolve around her power to control water to dish out pain, or heal her fellow Battleborn.
How to unlock:
- 47,500 in-game credits
- Purchase the Season Pass or Digital Deluxe Edition.
Raised as a healer, but forced to be a warrior, Alani is all that remains of her order after Rendain’s Imperium stole the oceans from her world. Through meditation, intense focus, and warranty-breaking misuse of water-soluble nanotech, she can summon tidal waves with the flick of a finger.
- Role: Support
- When Alani levels up she might say "ding", which is a term used in MMORPGs when leveling, but is mostly known in Blizzard's World of Warcraft.
Successful hits with Torrent hone Alani’s connection to the water, generating up to 3 Osmosis stacks and increasing the healing power of Wellspring.
Hurls a wave that deals 33 damage, pushes away enemies, and leaves a trail of water that hastens allies. Riptide’s trail of water lasts for 3 seconds.
Alani hurls water bolts using Ket, her order’s martial art. Successful hits increase stacks of Osmosis.
Alani causes a groundswell to erupt at a targeted location, knocking enemies into the air, dealing 134 damage, and binding enemy players for 1 second.
Envelops a single friendly target in water, healing them. If untargeted, Wellspring heals Alani for half the amount. Heal amount is increased by Osmosis stacks.
Marks a target enemy or location, summoning a water dragon that deals up to 167 damage and 251 damage over 4 seconds to enemies caught in its wake.
|Don't Tap the Glass||Default|
|Eye of the Ultra-Hurricane||Rewarded at Character Rank 15|
|Yacantav Atoll||Complete Lore Challenge "The Lifeguards Have Given Up"|
|A Moment, Serene||Randomly rewarded when opening Eldrid Loot Packs|
|Danger Splashdown||Randomly rewarded when opening Eldrid Loot Packs|
|I Said No Tapping!||Marketplace purchase for 230 Platinum|
|The Solitary Apprentice||Default|
|Littoral||Rewarded at Character Rank 4|
|Neritic||Rewarded at Character Rank 8|
|Bathyal||Rewarded at Character Rank 11|
|Demersal||Rewarded at Character Rank 14|
|Abyssal||Complete Challenge "Master of Alani"|
|Benthic||Randomly rewarded when opening Eldrid Loot Packs|
|Photic||Randomly rewarded when opening Eldrid Loot Packs|
|Thermocline||Season Pass owners|
|Sea Witch||Marketplace purchase for 420 Platinum|
For the Character Lore, see Character Lore.
|Helician Hellraisers||Complete 3 matches while on the same team as Galilea.|
|Another Million and We're Even||Participate in killing Ambra 5 times.|
|Time Blurs in the Depths||Heal 800 health with a single Wellspring, 50 times.|
|Song of the Emula||Deal 3,000 damage with a single Emergence, 10 times.|
|The Lifeguards Have Given Up||Affect 5 players with a single Riptide, 25 times.|
|Level||Running River||Mutators||Stormy Seas|
|1||Soothing Mist||Splash Zone|
|Riptide’s pools heal friendly targets over time. +51 Health per Second.||Nearby allies are healed when Geyser erupts. +360 Health.|
|2||Pressure Gradient||Surface Tension|
|Torrent projectiles bounce between enemies bound by Geyser.||While a target is affected by Geyser, a portion of damage dealt to the target is dealt to nearby enemies. +15% Damage Shared to nearby Enemies.|
|3||Pressure Wash||Kinetic Diffusion||Overflow|
|Torrent projectiles travel farther.||At maximum Osmosis stacks, Alani moves faster. +30% movement speed.||Increases the minimum healing amount from Wellspring. +15% Healing.|
|4||Wet Blanket||Wave Shock||Ride The Wave|
|Riptide slows enemies that are hit by it. +3 Seconds Slow Duration.||Riptide pools burst and deal damage over time to enemies standing inside the radius. +54 damage per second.||Alani rides her Riptide wave, launching her forward along its path.|
|5||Karakafruit Express||Extremophile||Full Saturation|
|Obtaining an Osmosis stack temporarily increases Alani’s Torrent damage. +15% Damage for 3 seconds.||The healing bonus granted by Osmosis is increased at 3 stacks, but is reduced at 1 stack. +25% increase, -33% decrease.||Healing with maximum Osmosis stacks reduces the amount of damage the target takes. +30% Damage Reduction for 3 seconds.|
|Geyser generates one stack of Osmosis per enemy knocked into the air.||Moving through Riptide pools generate Osmosis over time.|
|Level 7||Whitewater||Go With The Flow|
|Increases the attack speed of Torrent. +20% Attack Speed.||Torrent reduces the cooldowns of all skills on every hit. -0.5 Seconds Cooldown Time.|
|8||Aquifier||Pressure Valve||Ol' Trustworthy|
|Reduces Geyser’s eruption time. -30% Eruption Time.||Geyser deals increased damage to enemies. +15% damage increase.||Increases Geyser’s area of effect. +25% Area of Effect Radius.|
|9||Stagnant Pools||Water Proof|
|Increases the duration of Riptide’s trail of water. +3 Seconds Duration.||Increases the distance Riptide travels. +50% Increased Distance.|
|Enemies standing in Emergence whirlpool are greatly slowed. Up to 5 Seconds Slow Duration.||Casting Emergence resets all other skill cooldowns.||The Emergence whirlpool heals allies. +150 Health Per Second.|
- Additional Helix options that can be unlocked by leveling the respective character rank.
- A third option added to a pre-defined Helix choice.
- Maximum of 1 additional helix choice for each character Helix level
- They first show up ingame after they are unlocked for the individual character.
- 5 additional helix choices per character
- Ingame selection via:
- F (PC)
- Y (Xbox Controller)
- Triangle (PS4)
|Character Rank 3||Level 1||Wave Shock|
|Requires character rank 3 to unlock = 105 total XP||Riptide pools burst and deal damage over time to enemies standing inside the radius. +54 damage per second.|
|Character Rank 5||Level 5||Extremophile|
|Requires character rank 5 to unlock = 250 total XP||The healing bonus granted by Osmosis is increased at 3 stacks, but is reduced at 1 stack. +25% increase, -33% decrease|
|Character Rank 7||Level 3||Kinetic Diffusion|
|Requires character rank 7 to unlock = 420 total XP||At maximum Osmosis stacks, Alani moves faster. +30% movement speed.|
|Character Rank 9||Level 8||Pressure Valve|
|Requires character rank 9 to unlock = 775 total XP||Geyser deals increased damage to enemies. +15% damage increase.|
|Character Rank 12||Level 10||Transpiration|
|Requires character rank 12 to unlock = 1455 total XP||Casting Emergence resets all other skill cooldowns.|
This strategy guide was created to help players determine the best Gear and Helix choices for this Hero based on Game Mode type and Role. Contributors are encouraged to share their knowledge so that others may benefit from it.
Skills, Augments, and Balance changes:
- Increased Alani’s base damage by 20% (52 to 63 at level 1).
- Increased Alani's sprint speed by 10%.
- Alani's level 7 Left Helix Augment, Pressure Wash no longer increases Osmosis stack generation.
- Swapped the Helix locations of Alani's level 3 Left Helix Augment, Whitewater and level 3 Right Helix Augment, Go With the Flow with her level 7 Left Helix Augment, Pressure Wash and level 7 Right Helix Augment, Overflow.
- Reduced the duration of Geyser's bind effect from 2 second to 1.5 seconds.
- Reduced the radius of Geyser by 15%.
- Reduced the Damage Shared to Nearby Targets of Alani's level 2 Right Helix Augment, Surface Tension from 30% to 15%.
- Fixed an issue that caused Riptide to end prematurely after selecting Alani's level 4 Right Helix Augment, Ride the Wave and level 9 Right Helix Augment, Water Proof.
- Damage Reduction gear and augments no longer reduce Alani's healing.
- Changed the name of Alani's level 2 Left Helix Augment from Diffusion to Pressure Gradient.
- Changed the description of Alani's level 4 Left Helix Augment, Wet Blanket to reflect the duration of the Slow debuff.
- Fixed a minor text issue with Alani's level 2 Right Helix Augment, Surface Tension.
- The description of Alani's level 3 Right Helix Augment, Go With The Flow now displays the correct cooldown reduction in the Command Menu.
- The description of Alani's level 5 Right Helix Augment, Full Saturation now displays the correct damage reduction in the Command Menu.
- The description of Alani's level 5 Helix Augment, Karakafruit Express now displays the correct damage increase in the Command Menu.
- Changed the description of Riptide when viewed in Character Select to better reflect the skill's functionality.
- Fixed a minor text issue with Alani's level 7 Right Helix Augment, Overflow.
Challenges and Statistics:
- Changed the requirement of Alani's “Another Million and We're Even” Lore Challenge from “Kill Ambra 25 times” to “Participate in killing Ambra 5 times”.
- Reduced the number of games required for Alani's “Helician Hellraisers” from 5 to 3 games.
- Reduced the number of Riptides required for Alani's “The Lifeguards Have Given Up” from 50 to 25.
- Alani's quick melee now properly displays on the Death Recap Screen.
- Alani's level 2 Right Helix Augment, Surface Tension no longer drastically increases the stat “Enemy Players Hit by Geyser”.
Visual and Audio Effects:
- Fixed a visual issue with Alani's Osmosis bubbles when playing Split Screen.
- Made a minor adjustment to Alani's main menu animation.
- Added support for Bot Alani in Versus Private games.
- Fixed an issue causing Alani’s crosshair to temporarily disappear after rejoining a game.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Alani’s “Water Monk” title from displaying an icon.
- Reduced Alani's base health from 1451 to 1035.
- Battleborn Battleplan #4.
- ↑ https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/an-update-to-battleborn-is-rolling-out-thursday-july-21st-2016/1541283
- ↑ https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/201214053-Battleborn
- ↑ http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/battleborn-battleplan-4-6-2-16/1492187
- ↑ https://battleborn.com/en/news/view/battleplan-4/