She is a DLC Battleborn, who is available:
- for 47,500 in Marketplace
- in the Season Pass or Digital Deluxe Edition
- during free character rotation in the Free Trial version
A fierce fighter and a peaceful warrior, Alani was forced to go on the offensive when she was all that remained of her order after Rendain’s Imperium stole the oceans from her world. Through meditation, intense focus, and warranty-breaking misuse of water-soluble nanotech, she can summon tidal waves with the flick of a finger.
Alani is the last vestige of an Eldrid monastic warrior enclave on the freshwater ocean planet, Akopos. She is a young, yet very mature monk that belongs to an order known as the Emula. Raised with a deep reverence for water, Alani learned to embody and manipulate low-viscosity fluids with the use (or misuse) of a water-soluble nanotech. This technology and her training allows her to manipulate water all around and even within her own body, healing injury and ailments.
The order’s peaceful existence was abruptly interrupted as Rendain attempted to claim Akopos, believing it to be an uninhabited planet for The Jennerit Imperium. Alani’s people struck back quickly but were cut down as the Jennerit turned their weapons against them. This exterminated the vast majority of her species and left her with a goal to avenge her people to stop Rendain and the veiling of Solus. Thus starting her journey and becoming one of the Battleborn.
As a warrior from a planet with vast seas, Alani’s attacks and abilities revolve around her power to control water to dish out pain, or heal her fellow Battleborn.
- When Alani levels up she might say "ding", which is a term used in MMORPGs when leveling, but is mostly known in Blizzard's World of Warcraft.
- Battleborn Associate Producer, Anthony Nicholson, had a large role in creating Alani's character, even naming her after his daughter.
- Alani's character design takes much inspiration from the American animated TV series Avatar The Last Airbender. More references cement this when you play as Alani in the Story Operation: Montana and the Demon Bear. Earning the title The Last Bear Ender.
- Role: Support
- Base stats (Level 1):
|Max Health: 1036||Health Regeneration: +7.0|
|Max Shield: 0||Shield Recharge Delay: 5 s||Shield Recharge Rate: +60.0|
|Primary Attack: 57||Secondary Attack: 56|
Successful hits with Torrent hone Alani's connection to the water, generating up to 3 Osmosis stacks and increasing the healing power of Wellspring.
Hurl a wave that deals 41 damage, pushes away enemies, and leaves a trail of water that hastens allies. Riptide's trail of water lasts for 3 seconds.
Alani hurls water bolts using Ket, her order's martial art. Successful hits increase stacks of Osmosis.
Alani causes a groundswell to erupt at a targeted location, knocking enemies into the air, dealing 142 damage, and binding enemy players for 1 second.
Consumes all Osmosis stacks to heal an allied target. If untargeted, Wellspring heals Alani for half the amount. Healing amount is increased by Osmosis stacks.
Marks a target enemy or location, summoning a water dragon that deals up to 192 damage and 288 damage over 4 seconds to enemies caught in its wake.
Alani's basic Helix options are grouped in two lines – Running River and Stormy Seas.
Additional Helix options can be unlocked by leveling up Character Rank and show up in-game after they are unlocked.
|Lvl||Running River||Mutation||Stormy Seas||Lvl|
|1||Soothing Mist||Splash Zone||1|
| Riptide’s pools heal friendly targets over time.|
+51 Health per Second.
| Nearby allies are healed when Geyser erupts.|
|2||Pressure Gradient||Surface Tension||2|
|Torrent projectiles bounce between enemies bound by Geyser.|| While a target is affected by Geyser, a portion of damage dealt to the target is dealt to nearby enemies.|
+15% Damage Shared to nearby Enemies.
|3||Pressure Wash|| Kinetic Diffusion|
Character Rank 7
|Torrent projectiles travel farther.|| At maximum Osmosis stacks, Alani moves faster.|
+30% movement speed.
| Increases the minimum healing amount from Wellspring.|
|4||Wet Blanket|| Wave Shock|
Character Rank 3
|Ride The Wave||4|
| Riptide slows enemies that are hit by it.|
+3 Seconds Slow Duration.
| Riptide pools burst and deal damage over time to enemies standing inside the radius.|
+54 damage per second.
|Alani rides her Riptide wave, launching her forward along its path.|
|5||Karakafruit Express|| Extremophile|
Character Rank 5
| Obtaining an Osmosis stack temporarily increases Alani’s Torrent damage.|
+15% Damage for 3 seconds.
| The healing bonus granted by Osmosis is increased at 3 stacks, but is reduced at 1 stack.|
+25% increase, -33% decrease.
| Healing with maximum Osmosis stacks reduces the amount of damage the target takes.|
+30% Damage Reduction for 3 seconds.
|Geyser generates one stack of Osmosis per enemy knocked into the air.||Moving through Riptide pools generate Osmosis over time.|
|7||Whitewater||Go With The Flow||7|
| Increases the attack speed of Torrent.|
+20% Attack Speed.
| Torrent reduces the cooldowns of all skills on every hit.|
-0.5 Seconds Cooldown Time.
|8||Aquifier|| Pressure Valve|
Character Rank 9
| Reduces Geyser’s eruption time.|
-30% Eruption Time.
| Geyser deals increased damage to enemies.|
+15% damage increase.
| Increases Geyser’s area of effect.|
+25% Area of Effect Radius.
|9||Stagnant Pools||Water Proof||9|
| Increases the duration of Riptide’s trail of water.|
+3 Seconds Duration.
| Increases the distance Riptide travels.|
+50% Increased Distance.
Character Rank 12
| Enemies standing in Emergence whirlpool are greatly slowed.|
Up to 5 Seconds Slow Duration.
|Casting Emergence resets all other skill cooldowns.|| The Emergence whirlpool heals allies.|
+150 Health Per Second.
|Lvl||Running River||Mutation||Stormy Seas||Lvl|
|Helician Hellraisers||Complete 3 matches while on the same team as Galilea.|
|Another Million and We're Even||Participate in killing Ambra 5 times.|
|Time Blurs in the Depths||Heal 800 health with a single Wellspring, 50 times.|
|Song of the Emula||Deal 3,000 damage with a single Emergence, 10 times.|
|The Lifeguards Have Given Up||Affect 5 players with a single Riptide, 25 times.|
- The Lifeguards Have Given Up – "Yacantav Atoll" taunt
- All Challenges:
(Excerpted recordings, captured from the intranet VOIP comms terminal installed in Alan's quarters aboard the Nova. Audio attached, transcript with timestamps below.)
[19958.105 // 17:04:54]
(Alani clears her throat.)
Begin recording, voicemail attempt #26.
Hey Galilea, it's Alani, just leaving this message in the hope that you have some time to... no, that's not right.
[19958.105 // 17:09:32]
Hey Galilea, it's Alani! Let's get together soon. I'm free all... the... time... ugh.
[19958.105 // 17:12:16]
Hey, Galilea! I THINK I've got SOME free time in my schedule for you... I could TRY to fit you in.
[19958.105 // 17:15:21]
[19958.105 // 17:16:03]
[19958.105 // 17:16:49]
[19958.105 // 17:17:27]
Wassup, giiiirl?! — Nope, nope.
[19958.105 // 17:25:01]
Dearest Galilea — I hope this missive finds you in good health and kind spirit. Henceforth... ugghgh...
[19958.105 // 17:39:59]
Galilea, HELP! There's a monster in my tank! Come save me, and bring some snacks, so maybe we can watch a holodrama together afterwards?
[19958.105 // 17:54:11]
(Alani, speaking in an unconvincing deeper voice.)
This is Ghalt. I'm assigning you to guard Alani's quarters. I know you're super best friends and all, so I think it's best that you two hang out as much as possible.
[19958.105 // 18:06:02]
Hey, Galilea. It's Alani. I missing hanging out with you. Let's get together soon. Bye.
Save to drafts.
|Another Million and We're Even|
|| UPR AUTOTRANSCRIPT: 12 of 19
GHALT: This session will cover—
GHALT: You don't have to open every interview with that.
AMBRA: Just good housekeeping.
GHALT: Last time, you mentioned an incident that earned you some flak from Rendain.
AMBRA: Ah. Yes. I was the ranking priestess aboard the ship Meistar, returning from the oversight of a shard harvest in the Kalokk system. We received orders directly from Rendain to reroute and assist a reservoir fleet orbiting a world we knew then only as 627.88.
GHALT: It got a new name since?
AMBRA: It already had one — Akopos. It was a freshwater ocean world, an astounding rarity even when the universe was larger. It was an ideal source for the fleet, a "no brainer" as you lowborn seem to luxuriate in saying. Unfortunately, the fleet commander made a jarring discovery as he began the siphon — 627.88 was less uninhabited than previously thought.
GHALT: Why did they need your help?
AMBRA: Some of the planet's native population took issue with the confiscation of their oceans and attacked the gravity siphons. They showed unusual control over the water — summoned rogue waves and whirlpools up from calm seas. The fleet wasn't equipped to pacify a non-compliant world. So my Sisters and I were instructed to neutralize any resistance, without dragging us into a long invasion campaign.
GHALT: You found a diplomatic solution.
AMBRA: We boiled them. And sterilized our drinking water in one motion.
|| AUTOTRANSCRIPT END
|| UPR AUTOTRANSCRIPT: 13 of 19
AMBRA: Stated for record—
GHALT: They know.
AMBRA: You're uncomfortable.
GHALT: Last time you admitted to wiping out an entire planet's population. Yeah, I'm uncomfortable.
AMBRA: It was Rendain who gave the order! My refusal to act on it would have meant nothing. Their vaporized blood is on his hands. Or fogging up his windows, perhaps. Anyway, the aren't all gone. There was one...
GHALT: You encountered a survivor?
AMBRA: After. Right after. She must have sneaked aboard the Meistar while we were near the surface, preparing for the ritual. Whatever her goal was at the time, she accidentally found herself in the safest place she could be. With the finest seats in the house, too.
GHALT: She saw her whole culture destroyed — at your hands.
AMBRA: It was—
GHALT: Rendain. Sure.
AMBRA: But we paid for his crime. This girl... I have never seen grief tempered by such a fearsome will. She nearly tore the ship apart as she came for us, drowned my Sister one after another. She surged over them like the ocean itself.
GHALT: You're here to talk about it.
AMBRA: I was on the bridge, watching this storm of a girl dismantle my entire retinue. Even though I knew I could defeat her. I was transfixed by the sight. By the time she reached me, I had made my decision: I offered her the ship, in exchange for my escape. Whatever her reasoning may have been, she accepted.
GHALT: And Rendain held you accountable for the loss of the ship.
AMBRA: The ship didn't matter to him, nor did the Sisters who died on it. He was revolted that I had surrendered. But he didn't see ser. She was a hellraiser, the like of which I had not seen since... long before.
GHALT: It almost sounds like you respect her.
AMBRA: I do. I even gave her a ribbon off my cloak.
|| AUTOTRANSCRIPT END
|Time Blurs in the Depths|
|Song of Emula|
|The Lifeguards Have Given Up|
This strategy guide was created to help players determine the best Gear and Helix choices for this Hero based on Game Mode type and Role. Contributors are encouraged to share their knowledge so that others may benefit from it.
- Rusalka skin references to a water nymph by the same name from Slavic mythology and folklore.
Skills, Augments, and Balance changes:
- Increased Alani’s base damage by 20% (52 to 63 at level 1).
- Increased Alani's sprint speed by 10%.
- Alani's level 7 Left Helix Augment, Pressure Wash no longer increases Osmosis stack generation.
- Swapped the Helix locations of Alani's level 3 Left Helix Augment, Whitewater and level 3 Right Helix Augment, Go With the Flow with her level 7 Left Helix Augment, Pressure Wash and level 7 Right Helix Augment, Overflow.
- Reduced the duration of Geyser's bind effect from 2 second to 1.5 seconds.
- Reduced the radius of Geyser by 15%.
- Reduced the Damage Shared to Nearby Targets of Alani's level 2 Right Helix Augment, Surface Tension from 30% to 15%.
- Fixed an issue that caused Riptide to end prematurely after selecting Alani's level 4 Right Helix Augment, Ride the Wave and level 9 Right Helix Augment, Water Proof.
- Damage Reduction gear and augments no longer reduce Alani's healing.
- Changed the name of Alani's level 2 Left Helix Augment from Diffusion to Pressure Gradient.
- Changed the description of Alani's level 4 Left Helix Augment, Wet Blanket to reflect the duration of the Slow debuff.
- Fixed a minor text issue with Alani's level 2 Right Helix Augment, Surface Tension.
- The description of Alani's level 3 Right Helix Augment, Go With The Flow now displays the correct cooldown reduction in the Command Menu.
- The description of Alani's level 5 Right Helix Augment, Full Saturation now displays the correct damage reduction in the Command Menu.
- The description of Alani's level 5 Helix Augment, Karakafruit Express now displays the correct damage increase in the Command Menu.
- Changed the description of Riptide when viewed in Character Select to better reflect the skill's functionality.
- Fixed a minor text issue with Alani's level 7 Right Helix Augment, Overflow.
Challenges and Statistics:
- Changed the requirement of Alani's “Another Million and We're Even” Lore Challenge from “Kill Ambra 25 times” to “Participate in killing Ambra 5 times”.
- Reduced the number of games required for Alani's “Helician Hellraisers” from 5 to 3 games.
- Reduced the number of Riptides required for Alani's “The Lifeguards Have Given Up” from 50 to 25.
- Alani's quick melee now properly displays on the Death Recap Screen.
- Alani's level 2 Right Helix Augment, Surface Tension no longer drastically increases the stat “Enemy Players Hit by Geyser”.
Visual and Audio Effects:
- Fixed a visual issue with Alani's Osmosis bubbles when playing Split Screen.
- Made a minor adjustment to Alani's main menu animation.
- Added support for Bot Alani in Versus Private games.
- Fixed an issue causing Alani’s crosshair to temporarily disappear after rejoining a game.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Alani’s “Water Monk” title from displaying an icon.
- Reduced Alani's base health from 1451 to 1035.
- Battleborn Battleplan #4.
- ↑ https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/an-update-to-battleborn-is-rolling-out-thursday-july-21st-2016/1541283
- ↑ https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/201214053-Battleborn
- ↑ http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/battleborn-battleplan-4-6-2-16/1492187
- ↑ https://battleborn.com/en/news/view/battleplan-4/